During the technical visits, Buildwise will show two of its facilities. The first facility is the research station in Limelette. The second facility is its new headquarters located in Lozenberg.
Many research project are undertaken within the research facility in Limelette. The water tower, which is noticable from far away, is an experimental station where research is carried out on new water technics. This well equipped research station can be adapted according to the needs of the water laboratory. Experiments are carried out for research subjects such as domestic hot water, water drainage and water reuse are routinely carried out in the water tower.
The headquarters located in Lozenberg were opened to the public on the 14th November 2022. on that day, the Belgian Building Research Institution (BBRI) was renamed to Buildwise. The building is a large complex with an atrium in the middle as its main open space for gathering events.
- 09:00 Departure for Buildwise Limelette
- 09:45 Arrival and welcome
- 10:15-12:30 Water tower visit, Experience Centre, and acoustic lab exploration
- 12:30-13:30 Enjoy a light lunch
- 14:00 Departure to Buildwise Zaventem
- 14:45 Visit installations and Experience Centre
- 16:00 Weather-permitting, have drinks on the rooftop
- 17:00 Departure to Park Inn Leuven
- 17:45-18:30 Free time
- 18:30-23:00 Social program
Please note that there is no cultural program during the technical tour. We will be visiting the two Buildwise centers. Partners may choose to participate in the cultural program offered, which will take place in Leuven.